Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Working through.....



I have laid out the side panels for the second layer and am basting them together.  Yesterday I stencilled the design using fabric paints and heat set it with an iron.  Next will be to cut this layer out and then I can continue with the hand stitching around each stencilled element.

Before I got this far, I made a half dozen 11" x 15" samplers with the variations of embellishment that  can be worked into this type of negative appliqué.  Then I made an unembellished version of this pattern even hand stitching the seams and once I accomplished that, I felt encouraged to proceed.

In my previous post about starting this project I had a lovely heather coloured cotton jersey on the table but decided to keep that for a dress.  This top will be a safer entry into this type of sewing project and if I succeed I'll use that fabric without fear of it not coming out to my liking.






No comments:

Post a Comment